• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe search

jackal10

Has anyone noticed that Google has released a beta recipe search?

http://www.google.com/base/search?a_n0=rec...2=Course&a_y2=1

I wish there was some way of grading recioes, If I search for, say, goose soup, I don't need 58 recipes but 3 or 4 "best" ones...

Problem is "best" is very subjective in relation to recipes. :biggrin:

I find epicurious.com helpful in that most of the recipes have been rated and if one reads the reviews with some level of skepticism, it is possible to discover a reliable and generally "good" version of a recipe.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

...if one reads the reviews with some level of skepticism, it is possible to discover a reliable and generally "good" version of a recipe.

i agree with you completely. sometimes, the comments/ratings are so ridiculous, like "wasn't salty enough"...you couldn't taste it while you were making it and add more salt than the recipe called for? :hmmm:

that being said, i love google. maybe there's a way to send them feedback on their search methods?