• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Piquillo Peppers

snowangel

Penelope Casas has some excellent recipes in her Tapas book. I agree with stuffing them. I have used crab meat with a bechamel.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

The perfect shape of them just begs for stuffing. If you have any ground pork or ground turkey, you can make up a nice stuffing by cooking it with some garlic, raisins, and almonds.....Stuff, top with a touch of cheese adn run them under the broiler to make them pretty.

Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented -- J. Esther

make romesco. i use a food processor....piquillos, stale bread, almonds or hazelnuts, garlic, sherry vinegar. use it as a dip, or on grilled chicken or fish, even on pasta or rice.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

Ooh, ooh! *raises hand* I know this one!

Open them up, lay a very good anchovy on one edge, squeeze a little lemon, grind a little pepper, drizzle a little olive oil, then roll it up like a little cornucopia and serve with crostini. So delicious. Mr. Dianabanana and I killed a whole jar of each (peppers and anchovies) this way the other night.

Do you have Paula Wolfert's Slow Mediterranean Kitchen? Make the Pot-Roasted Club Steak with Piquillo Peppers. One of my all-time favorite recipes, so easy and it tastes fantastic. I make this recipe with ribeye steaks, which is a related cut to the club steak. When you add the piquillo peppers to the pan, watch out for spatters.

Stuff them with high-quality canned tuna in olive oil,

Yum I agree, these peppers have an affinity for tuna. You may not use up a whole jar this way, but I like ttry a simple rice salad with either leftover cooked fresh tuna (or good quality canned) and a generous amount of slivered peppers. I add minced red onion, capers, celery, radish, parsley, toasted pine nuts, whatever. For a dressing I use Spanish sherry wine vinegar, a little of the tuna oil, maybe a little of the pepper oil and some good olive oil. To finish dust with smoked paprka if you like that flavor. This makes a great emergency dinner--if I can remember to keep a jar of roasted peppers around.