• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating on the run...

ulterior epicure

For a friend attending Cotton Bowl.

Would like a nice meal at 4pm after the game and on the way to the airport (must be there by 6.15pm). Needs to be near Plano/Ft.Worth. I know - mission impossible. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

u.e.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

For a friend attending Cotton Bowl.

Would like a nice meal at 4pm after the game and on the way to the airport (must be there by 6.15pm).  Needs to be near Plano/Ft.Worth.  I know - mission impossible. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

u.e.

DFW or Love Field? (Neither Plano nor Ft. Worth are between the Cotton Bowl and either airport)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

Nice meal? That would be ..... ? I mean, La Duni on Oak Lawn, just east/north of Wycliff is a nice meal ... not to mention a couple of stiff mojitos to relax with. Mia's for brisket tacos is a deal as well. Or, pick up something on the fly at Eatzi's to take along.

Theabroma

Sharon Peters aka "theabroma"

The lunatics have overtaken the asylum

Nice meal?  That would be .....  ?  I mean, La Duni on Oak Lawn, just east/north of Wycliff is a nice meal ... not to mention a couple of stiff mojitos to relax with.  Mia's for brisket tacos is a deal as well.  Or, pick up something on the fly at Eatzi's to take along.

Theabroma

Picture three middle-aged women after the Cotton Bowl on their way to the airport. They'd like something tame, somewhat familiar, but not necessarily predictable. I'd aim between $20-$30 per person.

I do know that one is particular to mojitos... though I'm not sure how much they'd want to drink after a football game and just before getting on a plane. I guess that depends on how the game goes?

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

La Duni is "nicer" than Mia's. It's also more expensive, but still in your price range. If they really like desserts, though (especially cake), La Duni is sure to please. And if coffee is more their game, they can get that there as well.

Of course, as with Mia's, I would double check to make sure they will be open on New Years Day.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"