• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamie at Home - New Jamie Oliver show

tetsujustin

Got the beautiful cookbook for Christmas and have been slowly reading through it ever since.

I got the book as well and do not like it too much... The prose is annoying and the content often too basic to be practical. The TV show on the other hand is great as it better convey this connection between food, life and cooking that I think is key in this franchise.

Edited by Magictofu (log)

• 1 month later...
I wish they would repeat this show more often

Maybe boot a few of the thousandmilliontrillion episodes of Unwrapped or Ace of Cakes or Good Eats (sorry I tried but I cant like that show), and put this on at night?

Food Network is airing them again at 7:30AM Pacific. Today was the barbecue episode, with the antique key-wound rotisserie. Good to see these again.

I wish I had access to this program. I wonder if there are any plans for DVDs? I saw an episode when I was in Canada last year. My mother absolutely loves it, and we now trade Jamie Oliver recipes back and forth. I think his passion for cooking, and getting people to eat good food really come through.

I wish I had access to this program. I wonder if there are any plans for DVDs? I saw an episode when I was in Canada last year. My mother absolutely loves it, and we now trade Jamie Oliver recipes back and forth. I think his passion for cooking, and getting people to eat good food really come through.

I don't know what DVD format you have in Japan, but the DVD's are available directly from the Jamie Oliver web site in the format that is used in the UK. I could not find them in a format for the U.S. Hopefully sometime soon!

"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"