• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bouchon,Delmonico's ,DB Review

We went with out adult children to spend the holiday as a family. We are the foodies-they are not. We each had a couple dinner one night. Ours was at Bouchon. I was pleasantly surprised. it was much better than the last time we were there. i had a special for a first course-a citrus marinated salmon and it was wonderful. My husband had the trout and I had the chicken. Both were great. My husband had the creme brulee for dessert. Also great. Service was really wonderful considering it was a Saturday night before Christmas.I think I liked it better than Napa.

We went to DB before Spamalot.The kids and I had the special pre fixe dinner. Both of them had the DB burger and were blown away. I had salmon with trumpet mushrooms but if there were any couldn't find them. Prefixe is served between 6-7 and is a great deal if you like what they aare serving. My husband had mussels. They were also good. Service was fine but for the thrid year running I told them it was our anniversery and they blew it. It is almost funny at this point.

Delmonico's was Christmas eve. Not my favorite but last year it was great. This year it was not. the amuse was dreadful. I sent my steak back. Creamed spinach had an off taste. However, the kids LOVE the caesar salad made at the table. Sigh... We will probaby be back next year. However, the wine list had some nice bottles on it.

Oh, Burger Bar was great.

Thank you for the report, Barbara!

We went with out adult children to spend the holiday as a family. We are the foodies-they are not. We each had a couple dinner one night. Ours was at Bouchon. I was pleasantly surprised. it was much better than the last time we were there.

Bouchon seems to be improving. Would you say that they had their "A-team" working that evening? Admittedly, we would have to eat there regularly to see whether Bouchon is consistently good or not.

My husband had the creme brulee for dessert. Also great.

Sounds like your husband ordered the creme brulee and you tasted it for him ... :rolleyes:

Service was fine but for the thrid year running I told them it was our anniversery and they blew it. It is almost funny at this point.

Perhaps the staff at DB didn't want to remind you that you are ... uhh ... never mind ... :unsure::unsure:

Creamed spinach had an off taste.

At Delmonico's, did the creamed spinach have a certain raw garlic taste to it? That's how it tasted to me when I went there.

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Two weeks ago, I dined at DB with a large group of friends. It was good, but I don't think it was as good as my trip to Bouchon back in July.

For my latest visit, I only got to Bouchon for breakfast. Food was good, but as usual, service was off. It was a lot more crowded than I had seen the place for breakfast before,. Still, not an excuse.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"