• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch ideas near fairfield

Tracey868

I don't know Fairfield exceptionally well, and I am not sure if it's your style, speed, etc. -- but how about Don Pepe? Also, check out a place called Ecco or Ecco Qua, or something like that. I have no idea if it's still there, but I had some good lunches there.

There's another place that isn't in Fairfield, but it's not too far -- South City Grill (Mountain Lakes, Rt. 46).

Eric

What kind of food/atmosphere/price point are you looking for?

You can go up Bloomfield Avenue to Trattoria Fresco or Nori in Caldwell, go to Bacchus in Fairfield on Passaic Ave in Fairfield proper, have Indian food at Jyoti on Rt 46 immediately before Willowbrook Mall, or go another mile or two further on 46 and and have thai at River Kwai in Totowa or coffee/sandwiches/soups at The Find Grind in Little Falls...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Went to bankok kitchen on Bloomfield Ave in Caldwell. It was excellent. Highly recommend! Really good lunch special.

We had dumplings and spring rolls for app

Pad Thai and a chicken dish for main. Both yummy.. The specials looked good too.

Also tried the Lichee tea.. something different and refreshing!

T

Edited by Tracey868 (log)