• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nashville on Christmas...

Holly Moore

So I find myself flying into Nashville around 6:30 PM on Christmas Day. Will have already had the Christmas feast, but will be needing something to tide me over til morning. Should I pack a day-old hoagie or are any of the Nashville eating places (as opposed to dining) open on Christmas evening?

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

For the West End, at least, choices seemed limited to Jack in the Box, EAT at the Loew's Nashville and a couple of dimly lit Chinese carryouts.

Choice was obvious - had a very good meal at EAT though the restaurant was on a very limited "holiday menu." Perfectly rare prime rib of bison, with brussel sprouts and horseradish tinged mashed potatoes. I passed on the gingerbread man with peppermint ice cream - their only dessert choice.

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter