• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CRAVING taramasalata - help!

MicBacchus

I am having a craving for taramasalata, but living in a Greek wasteland (Myrtle Beach), there are no restaurants that serve it. Before when I was in MD, it was easy to find roe at places like Sutton Place Gourmet, but I can't seem to find a source on line. Anyone know of a good source? Thanks.

Edited by MicBacchus (log)

Burgundy makes you think silly things, Bordeaux makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them ---

Brillat-Savarin

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this stuff is as good as freshly-made, but Krinos (and some other brand?) makes a jarred one. I like to just keep in the fridge when I am hungry for it. They also sell jars of just the roe itself, if you want to make it yourself.

One source: http://www.greekinternetmarket.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

You don't happen to have any turkish places either, do you? Sometimes they have it as an appetizer as well...

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory