• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stock......

The Artful Dodger

Salt: After cooking, not during.

She did have one outfit in a particular episode that was originally ruled too kinky for American audiences, but I think they later showed in during reruns.

I believe the episode was called "The Hellfire Club" I've got it somewhere on tape. And to this day it's quite the ensemble!

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I recently tried a beef base and also a chicken base product that was remarkably good for a shortcut. I had previously tried some paste style products similar to what is used in some commercial kitchens and found it to be better than granules or cubes but still lacking. The new product is called "Better Than Bouillon". It comes in a small jar in sort of a grainy gel consistency. Flavor is far superior to what I've tried in other products and the chicken seems to be just as good as the beef. I bought mine at a Wegman's in Syracuse NY when I was visiting there but their stock was intermittent - they rarely had both chicken and beef in stock.

Here's a link to Stores that stock "Better Than Bouillon"

It also appears to be available through a variey of online retailers.