• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

christmas eve dining

tommy g

im surprised i dont see more "special" menus but has anyone seen anything going on?

im willing to drive some but mainly central/north jersey please

our family doesnt do anything on the eve so ill be out with the wife for a romantic night.... :wub:

Rosie's got a list here...

Scroll down a little bit and you'll see the listings; most are for the Eve, so you should have plenty of choices. Enjoy!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

thank you...awesome info!!

im thinking david drake, copeland or serenade

any opinions?

Both David Drake and Serenade are doing a Christmas Eve 3-course for $65.00:

http://www.daviddrakes.com/holiday.html

http://www.restaurantserenade.com/calendar/calendar.php

If they are booked, Bernards Inn is a romantic-type spot.

Edited by Batard (log)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

thank you...awesome info!!

im thinking david drake, copeland or serenade

any opinions?

I'd go to David Drake, simply because it's at the top of my list of places in NNJ that I want to try!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I was invited to go out for Xmas eve, my first restaurant visit in ages! BUT, where are my hosts going? Nonna's in Marlboro. I ate there once 3 years ago. Well, I ordered a meal there. My daughter and I ended up packing everything up and giving it to a neighbor, we couldn't even stand to eat the salad. Still, it's the company that counts, right? :wink:

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

couldnt get in to david drakes but its local so ill try another day

ended up at frog and the peach.

gourgeous place, never would have believed it was there if not for the navigation.

i had fresh mozzarella gnochi in truffle sauce-very good but the sauce didnt coat the gnochi at all and the taste was wasted

my wife had a salad-nothing special

i had pork chops for the entree and she had a fish dish...

i cant think right now b/c im so hungry but it was pretty good. not great, but better than good. i will def. go back as i think the less than perfect meal was due to the holiday and a late seating.