• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

great cookery courses in morocco?

i am a restaurant cook going to morocco for a month and would like any advice on the best and most traditional cooking courses that are available out there. also any must visit restaurants/markets/farms or anything food related would be greatly appreciated!! thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
i am a restaurant cook going to morocco for a month and would like any advice on the best and most traditional cooking courses that are available out there. also any must visit restaurants/markets/farms or anything food related would be greatly appreciated!! thank you.

I dont know many of the details but my girlfriend reviewed the cookery course at Maison Arabe in Marrakesh and thought it superb, learning to make many of the staple dishes well with a good insight into their background. have eaten in their restaurant and was very good if a little confused.

We had several fantastic meals at Restaurant Cafe Berbere, a small family place serving mainly tourists. The food is simple and inexpensive. Soup, tagine and fruit will cost about 12euros and is really good. The Soupe Maroccaine and the Chicken Tagine are dishes i will never forget.

Matt

Edited by Matthew Tomkinson (log)

The quest for perfection will lead you to role models that will last you for life (Nico Ladenis)

We had several fantastic meals at Restaurant Cafe Berbere, a small family place serving mainly tourists. The food is simple and inexpensive. Soup, tagine and fruit will cost about 12euros and is really good. The Soupe Maroccaine and the Chicken Tagine are dishes i will never forget.

Matt

thanks matt!! It is my last day in morocco today, i will check out cafe berbere tonight. i will also post other food highlights and low lights of my three weeks here....