• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, kayb said:

@HungryChris -- Try the oysters at Drago's, in the Hilton down on the river. Love their char-grilled. My other two major recommendations would be shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro in the Quarter, and breakfast at Brennan's.

We agree that the oysters at Drago's are awesome. Last time we were in NOLA, we each had an order of char-grilled oyster and split a fried shrimp po-boy there. There is a good possibility that we will hit Drago's again. We checked the price of shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro and it's just not in the plan. We do have a bunch of must do's when we return that includes another visit to the Blind Pelican for some boiled crawfish and more oysters. We also want to visit Bevi Seafood Market for their renowned crawfish boil. There is also a market just a few steps away from our hotel, Rouse's, which puts out big, hot coolers full of freshly boiled mud bugs from 11 am to 7 pm every day during the season. I happened to be in there when they put the first one out on our last visit and they smelled great! They have a nice little food court area where you can grab a beer and chomp on crawfish by the pound  (about $3 pp) to your hearts content. I would like to try and document that experience.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

@HungryChris -- Try the oysters at Drago's, in the Hilton down on the river. Love their char-grilled. My other two major recommendations would be shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro in the Quarter, and breakfast at Brennan's.

We agree that the oysters at Drago's are awesome. Last time we were in NOLA, we each had an order of char-grilled oyster and split a fried shrimp po-boy there. There is a good possibility that we will hit Drago's again. We checked the price of shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro and it's just not in the plan. We do have a bunch of must do's when we return that includes another visit to the Blind Pelican for some boiled crawfish and more oysters. We also want to visit Bevi Seafood Market for their renowned crawfish boil. There is also a market just a few steps away from our hotel, Rouse's, which puts out a big hot coolers full of freshly boiled mud bugs from 11 am to 7 pm every day during the season. I happened to be in there when they put the first one out on our last visit and they smelled great! They have a nice little food court area where you can grab a beer and chomp on crawfish by the pound  (about $3 pp) to your hearts content. I would like to try and document that experience.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

We agree that the oysters at Drago's are awesome. Last time we were in NOLA, we each had an order of char-grilled oyster and split a fried shrimp po-boy there. There is a good possibility that we will hit Drago's again. We checked the price of shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro and it's just not in the plan. We do have a bunch of must do's when we return that includes another visit to the Blind Pelican for some boiled crawfish and more oysters. We also want to visit Bevi Seafood Market for their renowned crawfish boil. There is also a market just a few steps away from our hotel, Rouse's, which puts out a big hot cooler full of freshly boiled mud bugs from11 am to 7 pm every day during the season. I happened to be in there when they put them out on our last visit and the smelled great! They have a nice little food court area where you can grab a beer and chomp on crawfish by the pound  (about $3 pp) to your hearts content. I would like to try and document that experience.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

We agree that the oysters at Drago's are awesome. Last time we were in NOLA, we each had an order of char-grilled oyster and split a fried shrimp po-boy there. There is a good possibility that we will hit Drago's again. We checked the price of shrimp and grits at Mr. B's Bistro and it's just not in the plan. We do have a bunch of must do's when we return that includes another visit to the Blind Pelican for some boiled crawfish and more oysters. We also want to visit Bevi Seafood Market for their renowned crawfish boil. There is also a market just a few steps away from our hotel, Rouse's, which puts out a big hot cooler full of freshly boiled mud bugs from11 am to 7 pm every day during the season. I happened to be in there when they put them out on our last visit and the smelled great! The have a nice little food court area where you can grab a beer and chomp on crawfish by the pound  (about $3 pp) to your hearts content. I would like to try and document that experience.

HC