• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teresa's Next Door, Wayne PA

phungi

Has anyone else been to Teresa's Next Door in Wayne? It is, literally, next door to Teresa's on Wayne Ave and has an impressive selection of Belgian ales as well as other beers (and wines). I can't speak much to the menu, as I had only mussels (good but not Standard Tap "GOOD") and a Cuban sandwich (along with a Piraat Ale and a German Köstritzer Schwarzbier). Living in the 'Burbs, it is great to have a place along the lines of Monks, without the parking, smoking, and waiting.

I belch, therefore, I ate...

I was there on Saturday night for a few beers. The place was packed around 9:30, so we went elsewhere and stopped back after the crowd had thinned out a bit. We were primarily drinking that night but we did order a basket of fries which were pretty delicious. Because of the extensive list, Monk's was the first place I thought of too. They even carried the "Monk's Sour Ale" on their list. Definitely a good place for those that live in the area.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

I was there a few weeks ago, and it was a hard place for a table of 6 (no reservations accepted and if the front tables are full, you are crammed into a booth). The drinks and service were great. Fries were excellent. The Fried cheese was deeeelicious (cheddar, fresh mozzerella and also a gruyere). I was not a fan, at all, of the steak frites - the steak was almost see-thru thin and doused in sauce. The croque madame and monsieur had by two other dining partners were done on brioche rolls which might have been tasty, if not at all authentic (and not visually appealing). I cannot remember all other food items ordered, but the memory of that steak is enough to make me want to go back for wine/beer and the fried cheese.

Went during the week awhile ago and had a very pleasant, "snacky" type dinner. Mussels: Good, Fries: Excellent, Beer: Excellent. I don't remember the rest.

Went with friends on a Friday evening ... If it's very crowded (the usual on weekends), don't expect to carry on a polite conversation: Yelling is in order!