• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any interesting on I20 from Texas to Mississippi?

irodguy

1/8 I am heading to Florida from DFW via the Northern route. I am heading out of DFW around 2ish and will try to push to Jackson for the night. So where should I stop? I will then be heading from Jackson through Hattiesburg to the coast.

Thanks

Never trust a skinny chef

If your leaving DFW at 2ish, then it will be late by the time you reach Jackson and that is with minimal stops. I would suggest stopping off in Shreveport to have dinner at davebr's place, Bella Fresca, on Line. It will be an early dinner but the door is open and the light is on.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Canards( North 7th st WM)  or Restaurant Sage (N 19th st Monroe)in the West Monroe/Monroe area

I can give you a big shout out for Leatha's BBQ in Hattiesburg 6374 US98 (about 3 miles West of I-59) (601) 271-6003. I've been there a few times and their 'que is killer. T-Sat 11-9 closed M+Tue.Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...