• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marshmallow shooters....

zoe b

http://www.howtoons.com/toon/the-infamous-...mallow-shooter/

these look like a lot of fun...

I'm not really in favor of arming kids, but i find the idea of someone shooting marshmallows into my mouth strangely interesting...

we are going to make a bunch of them for all the kids for Christmas.

I was reading about them and it seems the colored mini marshmallows have the greatest range.

we were joking last night that we need to figure out how to shoot toasted marshmallows--maybe a flame thrower option?

Zoe

Edited by zoe b (log)

you guys!

I guess i'm showing my age--to me a shooter is tequila...

I'm trying to imagine a marshmallow alcohol shooter--possibly Kahlua and marshmallow fluff--but getting the marshmallow down would be a problem

Somewhere out there some Molecular Gastronome feverishly working to come up with a marshmallow flavored shot...in a sodium alginate sphere.

" No, Starvin' Marvin ! Thats MY turkey pot pie "

- Cartman

Am I the only person who would LOVE to have a marshmallow gun?

I ordered some last year for Christmas. It was fun, but best used in a house with a dog <burp>, or outside.

Here are some you don't have to make Mini Marshmallow shooter or a Big Marshmallow Blaster. Accessories include laser sight and quick change magazines

I guess my answer to your question is YES!

I was actually thinking of something along the lines of a marshmallow that had been filled with a liqueur. Sort of a shooter in an edible glass... you'd need a way to prevent the marshmallow from just dissolving, though...

what would you put inside? I'm trying to think of booze that would taste good with a marshmallow?

I was actually thinking of something along the lines of a marshmallow that had been filled with a liqueur. Sort of a shooter in an edible glass... you'd need a way to prevent the marshmallow from just dissolving, though...

what would you put inside? I'm trying to think of booze that would taste good with a marshmallow?

Godiva chocolate liqueur springs to mind... maybe a dark chocolate coating, plain marshmallow, small chocolate liqueur center...

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently, these things make a hellacious mess. Or at least so I'm told by my former coworkers at Amada. Seems a small private party came armed with marshmallow guns and made a mess of the place as part of their "festivities". :rolleyes:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

what would you put inside?  I'm trying to think of booze that would taste good with a marshmallow?

Godiva chocolate liqueur springs to mind... maybe a dark chocolate coating, plain marshmallow, small chocolate liqueur center...

now that actually sounds pretty good!--have a graham cracker or a Lorna Doone on the side and it could be called a Mallomar or a S'More.

Apparently, these things make a hellacious mess. Or at least so I'm told by my former coworkers at Amada. Seems a small private party came armed with marshmallow guns and made a mess of the place as part of their "festivities". 

I never got to try them out as we came down with a horrendous cold that lasted three weeks--cutting PVC pipe and fitting it together was way beyond my ability at that point--making tea would tire me out for the day.

Next summer, though>........

Edited by zoe b (log)