• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vermicelli thingamajig for chestnut puree

xdrixn

Okay - I'm a bit lost here.  What are we talking about, or more precisely, what do you want to use it for?  Is this to puree your chestnuts or are you trying to make chestnut vermicelli (whatever that might be).

Rob, if I'm not mistaken, xdrixn is looking for something that will turn chestnut puree into "noodles"...this is a traditional garnish on the top of a "mont blanc" dessert.

image of mont blanc

like in the picture.

Okay - I'm a bit lost here.  What are we talking about, or more precisely, what do you want to use it for?  Is this to puree your chestnuts or are you trying to make chestnut vermicelli (whatever that might be).

Rob, if I'm not mistaken, xdrixn is looking for something that will turn chestnut puree into "noodles"...this is a traditional garnish on the top of a "mont blanc" dessert.

image of mont blanc

like in the picture.

yes, that's what I'm looking to do, old school.

www.adrianvasquez.net

AFAIK Wilton (and probably other manufacturers) offers a "spaghetti" tip specifically for this purpose. Tip #235 here:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.c...DF027EB4874EBF7

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.