• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bernard Loiseau.... Cookbooks?

theisenm85

I had never really heard of Loiseau, only having just gotten interested in food/cooking/restaurants just about the year he died. I picked up a copy of Chelminski's "The Perfectionist", and really enjoyed his story (Save the end of course). Didn't 100% love the writing, but I can ignore that for topics I want to learn about.

As a result, I've now become interested in getting a cookbook by Loiseau. It looks like they're all in French from my research so far, and out of print to boot. I have no problem with it being in French (unless someone knows of a good English translation), but I'm having trouble finding them, and for affordable prices if I can.

Anyone know of a source or way to get these? Am I just crazy and some are still in print?

No apologies necessary. Sometimes even the Great eGullet Magical Answer Machine doesn't have an answer...but then when you least expect it someone new sees the topic and POOF you have an answer (and 100 people will be reading with interest).

I did a quick search for Bernard Loiseau + Cuisine at www.abebooks.com and found a number of copies of his books listed for sale, both new and used. All are in French - it does not appear that any of his works were translated into English.

I often used abebooks to purchase French titles. It is not a bookstore, but a consortium of booksellers, so frequently you will find the same book listed at several different prices. It all depends on the seller.

Bonne chance!

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The machine lives!

Thanks for that website, it hadn't come up in any of my searches.... (flogs self)

Looks like I'll have some fun stuff to cook/work through.... now to find a way to get my gf's sister to translate the harder parts!

Yay!

Pourquoi ne pas apprendre le français ?