• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

restaurant supply stores in Dallas area

I am not sure what would be really cool white dinnerware for you, but Sur La Table and William Sonoma both carry good French porcelein, as well as white ceramic dinnerware that's less expensive. If you can tell us more about what you are looking for, we may be able to be more helpful.

I am not sure what would be really cool white dinnerware for you, but Sur La Table and William Sonoma both carry good French porcelein, as well as white ceramic dinnerware that's less expensive. If you can tell us more about what you are looking for, we may be able to be more helpful.

Richard, I am looking for more of the plain white modern dishes with unusual shapes. I have found stuff online via fortessa, steelite and FOH but was maybe looking for more affordable lines. Shapes would be like wide rimmed bowls witha small bowl opening, bowls with square openings, unusual shapes, etc.

Thanks

Dishes: try Crate & Barrel - the stores & the outlet just west of Stemmons/I-35 on Inwood Rd. Also, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Sur la Table. For the really unusual ones (like Keller's at The Laundry) you might want to try on-line sources. Also, there is - somewhere - a Villeroy & Bosch outlet in Dallas, and they might be a good bet. You can, on occasion, find the odd piece at Ross.

A less frustrating approach might be to identify some manufacturers, visit their web sites and try to find where they are sold.

Dallas, alas, has always had rather sucky restaurant supply houses compared to other cities.

Foie gras - you might try calling Winn Meats (a wholesaler). They carry a selection of A, B, & C, and would likely sell to you IF a) you go to their Will-Call window to make the purchase and pick it up, and b) you are willing to purchase it in their minimum quantities. If they don't, they may be able to suggest another wholesale source. Martin-Preferred is another option. As would be Gourmet Foods International. Otherwise, you could contact Hudson Valley Foie Gras in upstate New York, or D'Artagnan in NYC. Pricey, but excellent quality.

Dont mean to leave you hanging, but I am not where my address book is, so I cannot provide tel. #'s, etc.

Happy hunting!!!

Regards,

Theabroma

Sharon Peters aka "theabroma"

The lunatics have overtaken the asylum

Dishes:  try Crate & Barrel - the stores & the outlet just west of Stemmons/I-35 on Inwood Rd.  Also, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Sur la Table.  For the really unusual ones (like Keller's at The Laundry) you might want to try on-line sources.  Also, there is - somewhere - a Villeroy & Bosch outlet in Dallas, and they might be a good bet.  You can, on occasion, find the odd piece at Ross.

A less frustrating approach might be to identify some manufacturers, visit their web sites and try to find where they are sold. 

Dallas, alas, has always had rather sucky restaurant supply houses compared to other cities.

Foie gras - you might try calling Winn Meats (a wholesaler).  They carry a selection of A, B, & C, and would likely sell to you IF a) you go to their Will-Call window to make the purchase and pick it up, and b) you are willing to purchase it in their minimum quantities.  If they don't, they may be able to suggest another wholesale source.  Martin-Preferred is another option.  As would be Gourmet Foods International.  Otherwise, you could contact Hudson Valley Foie Gras in upstate New York, or D'Artagnan in NYC.  Pricey, but excellent quality.

Dont mean to leave you hanging, but I am not where my address book is, so I cannot provide tel. #'s, etc. 

Happy hunting!!!

Regards,

Theabroma

Thank you, looks like I will be quite busy on Saturday :biggrin: