• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frozen Drink Party Ideas

Pebs

Here in the Midwest we are living in an ice covered world of late. In an effort to make lemonaid out of lemons, I'm thinking of throwing an ice themed party. I'm looking for drink ideas that use crushed ice, or are blended with ice in the blender that would give us all the opportunity to make light of a bad situation. Something we can enjoy the taste of and have a good laugh about the situation.

Any creative ideas for appetizers on this theme would also be appreciated. I figure since most of my friends haven't been able to get their cars that are embedded in ice to move in two days, by the weekend they are going to need to blow off steam. And since this weekend is our annual "Luminaria Night" event, which involves 5,000 plus luminaria being lighted throughout the town, we'll all be in a festive mood anyway. Maybe a fire and ice theme is in order. Any suggestions?