• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's in the Eastern half of the country

Terrasanct

My daughter is leaving New York tomorrow morning to go back home to Seattle. She'll be stopping to see me in Montana. I want her to pick up some things for me on the way here. I looked at TJ's website but it doesn't really tell me what store would be closest to her route and easiest to get on and off the freeway. Neither of us is familiar with the route.

Can anyone help me figure out which TJ's will be the best to stop at? I'm thinking Indiana, maybe, since she doesn't want to drive through Chicago and so will be going a bit further south.

She doesn't want to stop at the store in Union Square because she wants to get out of town before thinking about stopping somewhere.

If she is taking I-90 through Cleveland, the Westlake, OH Trader Joe's is less than a mile south of the interstate. She would take the Crocker Bassett exit and turn left (south) onto Crocker. Go past Detroit Road and she'll see Crocker Park. Turn right at the second light after Detroit Road and TJ's is right there. She can then get back on I-90 west and hit the Ohio turnpike (I-80) about 5 miles down the road.

-Karen