• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine matching and pairing books

CharityCase

My Dad is a burgeoning foodie who often hosts dinner parties. I think he'd love a book on matching wine with food for Christmas..do any of you have suggestions or recommendations you can pass my way?

(Moderators: Feel free to move this is if belongs in the Wine Forum..wasn't sure where to post it).

Say more. Why is it so good?

It's so good because of the way it is organized and the beautiful photographs, along with the advice of all the top chefs and sommoliers, not to mention the track record of the authors themselves!

The book is 350 pages, and the first section after a few essays on wines, etc is the foods and then the wines that go well with them. Another section is the list of wines and the foods that go well with them, a reverse lookup of sorts! And it's not just wine that the authors discuss and pair - every beverage from champagne to regular water is included, every food from lobster to Twinkies is included. There IS no other book that can touch this one.

The book is all-color and SO organized. There are HUNDREDS of tips, essays, interviews and even a smattering of recipes from chefs and sommoliers sprinkled throughout (just like in Becoming a Chef and Culinary Artistry) and in the back of the book there are even several tasting menus with wine parings taken from the top restaurants!

The Amazon link I provided will show you that those that have taken the time to review it also agree...I need to copy and paste this one on there! LOL

What you need to do is go *straight* to the bookstore, look at it and see for yourself, right away. Even what I just wrote doesn't do it justice. You will NEED it in your life.

Aight?! :laugh:

Edited by The Naughti Literati (log)