• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine argentinian wines

Well it's that time of year and I am in the midst of trying to create a cool pressie for Mr O. I have left it a little late but no surprise there.

The current wine infatuation in the O'Malley household is with Argentinian wines, Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon being the main focus. I thought a good present would be a blind tasting of a few wines at different levels. I have identified a list of wines to buy but now I need to find them. I haven't had much luck so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions for stockists in the UK (or even better in London) that have a good ranges of Argentinian wines with some of the harder to get fine wines?

Any help appreciated...

Have a browse around the wine shop next to the Gaucho GRill on Swallow Street:

http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/wineboutique/

They certainly have a great range, at rather eye watering prices for the very top end stuff.

If you have a specific wine in mind, the best place to start is wine searcher.

Sarah

Edited by battleofthebulge (log)

Sarah

Well it's that time of year and I am in the midst of trying to create a cool pressie for Mr O.  I have left it a little late but no surprise there.

The current wine infatuation in the O'Malley household is with Argentinian wines, Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon being the main focus. I thought a good present would be a blind tasting of a few wines at different levels.  I have identified a list of wines to buy but now I need to find them.  I haven't had much luck so far. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for stockists in the UK (or even better in London) that have a good ranges of Argentinian wines with some of the harder to get fine wines?

Any help appreciated...

we sell a number of argentinean wines online (and so we should!) - two excellent ones a '99 yacochua and a '00. be careful because the argentine section only contains those...you need to browse through the other sections to see them all.