• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mama Tucci's in Livingston

Cook456

Had dinner at Mama Tucci's this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Started out with an amuse buche of sweet potatoe and squash soup. It had just the right amount of spice ...a nice start.

Then I enjoyed an appetizer of Carcioffi friti with a caper aioli. YUM.. Then onto the entree of Oak Planked Salmon drizzled with a balsamic reduction and I ended the meal with a chocolate panna cotta, and coffee.

Everything was prepared perfectly and was nicely presented.

Wait staff was attentive without be oververly so..

I will definitely be going back.

We went there very soon after it opened and found it to be a little disappointing. We thought that the food was average, but the prices were high. Maybe they fine-tuned it and got their act together since our last and only visit.

Did you agree that the prices were high, Cook456? I usually don't notice, but it struck me that way at Mama Tucci's.

We went there very soon after it opened and found it to be a little disappointing. We thought that the food was average, but the prices were high. Maybe they fine-tuned it and got their act together since our last and only visit.

Did you agree that the prices were high, Cook456? I usually don't notice, but it struck me that way at Mama Tucci's.

I thought they were in line with other upscale restaurants in our area.

I did find that the dessert that I had was a litle small, but otherwise I thought it would be worth a return visit.

Edited by Cook456 (log)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

According to this, Mama Tucci's closed.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Mama Tucci closed but Fresh City and the popcorn store are still open in Livingston Town Center--no justice. We liked it in January, should have gone back sooner. I think the economy is going to take a lot of places out. We ate at a fairly empty Blu last night, their cheaper Next Door restaurant was packed, as was the inexpensive Raymond's on Church Street.

Mama Tucci closed but Fresh City and the popcorn store are still open in Livingston Town Center--no justice. We liked it in January, should have gone back sooner. I think the economy is going to take a lot of places out. We ate at a fairly empty Blu last night, their cheaper Next Door restaurant was packed, as was the inexpensive Raymond's on Church Street.

Unfortunately, it's not only the economy that will be taking out stores in Livingston. It's also the residents. I grew up in Livingston and always knew Livingston to be a bedroom community where deli's, pizzaria's and fast food take out thrive but not much else. There really wasn't much of a feeling of community when I lived there and saw first hand the decline of the old Silverman's shopping center. Sadly now we'll see the decline of the new center as well. :sad:

Friends took us to Il Vicolo in Livingston several times, and I thought it was pretty good upscale Italian. It was quite busy each time we were there

:biggrin: I was just there with my wife on Friday night and was very impressed with my entree as well as the service. Perhaps Il vicolo should move to the Livingston Town Center... Then again, NO

We ate at Cocobello on North Livingston Ave., Livingston, last night. The food was very good. I had polenta-dusted grouper, my wife had a great duck. The staff is super friendly. Lots of regulars. Best cappuchino ever, successfully disrupted my sleep. Only complaint is that it is noisy. Good food and service and reasonable prices.

• 3 months later...