• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Drinks" quaterly magazine

Kent Wang

As a customer of Spec's, I receive quarterly a free 25-page magazine called Drinks. It has the Spec's name on top, has some ads and a page of Spec's-specific information. The rest is filled with remarkably high quality articles.

Wondrich is the regular writer on cocktails. This issue he has an article on St. Germain -- does this mean Spec's will be carrying it now? -- and another on bitters. There is also a well-informed article on cask-strength bourbon and scotch, a regular wine article and another section on food recipes to match your wine.

I wonder if this is a magazine that is rebranded for other liquor stores, or only for Spec's?

Spec's really is a nice store. Unfortunately, I only get to visit it (maybe) once a year when we visit glorious Beaumont, TX for Christmas. They always have at least one thing I can't get at my liquor store here... Anyway, sorry I can't answer your question - just wanted to praise Spec's.

"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her" - W.C. Fields

Thanks, The Hopry

http://thehopry.com/