• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anthony Bourdains holiday Special

KristiB50

I could swear that Tony mentioned something about one of the guys in that band in the Christmas special being his son.  Did anyone else catch that?  Does anyone know if that is true?

No, I did not catch that. Although Tony was previously married and divorced, I do not think that he had any children with his first wife. He does have an infant daughter with his second wife, however, as I mentioned in my previous post. I did not get what Tony's connection was with the guys in the band or why they were invited to participate in the holiday meal at his brother's house.

"Some ladies smoke too much and some ladies drink too much and some ladies pray too much, but all ladies think that they weigh too much."

From a poem by Ogden Nash - Curl Up and Diet

It was no Emeril Live holiday special with Gino Vanelli or Leo Sayer, but other than the faux-obnoxious little kids I have to say I really enjoyed the episode. I could really relate to Tony as he was cooking dinner for family and trying to play off the fact that he was half in the bag....who doesn't replay THAT scenario from year to year?

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

I could swear that Tony mentioned something about one of the guys in that band in the Christmas special being his son.  Did anyone else catch that?  Does anyone know if that is true?

I caught it too. Not sure if it was just a joke of if it was for real.. I think it was just a joke.

I can't recall Tony making any snarky remark about how GREEN it was outside while they were shooting this. Would have thought there would have been some sort of reference. Also a little interesting that he went with the traditional big breasted turkey as opposed to the heritage breed. ( that right there could be an interesting discussion)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"