• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Almond Butter

GlorifiedRice

Im on Weight Watchers and I save up as many points all day just so I can fit in an Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwich every night...

YUMMY!

I will admit to being an addict. But its good for you.

My favorite brand is Maranatha.

I even bought a stirrer for it http://www.witmerproducts.com/pbutter.html

Who shares my AB passion?

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

Besides sandwiches, what else can you do with the Maranatha almond butter?  I've got a jar in there somewhere.

I'd tried using it in satay and other dipping sauces, but was unsatisfied with the results.

Ideas?

Is Maranatha almond butter the same thing as almond butter? If so, it is one of many ingredients in badaami murgh (post #21082).

Edit: Oops, never mind - I didn't realize this was Ready to Eat. :biggrin:

Edited by C. sapidus (log)

• 1 month later...

Almond butter is the only nut butter I've bought for years. Love it it raw or toasted, and try (when I can afford it) to buy organic. Here's one of my favorite "God forbid anyone should know what you eat in private" snacks:

Chewy peasant bread (toasted or not) smeared with almond butter and topped with olive salad from Central Grocery in New Orleans. :raz: