• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy Japanese snacks: Calorie Mate and F-C

Does anyone know if either of these Japanese snacks is available locally? Was hoping to get some as christmas gifts, and online shipping is a bit pricey. I haven't seen either of these at Fujiya stores, and I also checked a local japanese store in Burnaby on Lougheed and North Road.

Calorie Mate is a food block/cookie meant to be well balanced nutritionally. It has TV commercials with Keifer Sutherlund as Jack Bauer.

gallery_48321_5270_42649.jpg

Calorie Mate '24' Commercial

F-Cup Cookie is a snack meant for women and claims to increase their chest size and contains an herbal ingredient.

gallery_48321_5270_44372.jpg

Edited by jlo mein (log)

Have you tried calling Ichiban Snack Trading company in Richmond?

Phone: 604-273-6633

Other possibilities include Izumiya in Richmond (better selection than their Denman store usually), Angel Seafood, or possibly even Daiso.

Good luck!

I'm dying to find Sapporo's "Diet Water" in stores around town as well as it makes for a great gift!

Other good places to try would be:

- Fujiya (Clark, south of Hastings)

- Yaohan (Richmond no 3)

- T&T Supermarket (The one by chinatown or the one in Richmond tends to have more japanese snacks)

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

• 2 weeks later...

For Calorie Mate, I'd try Izumiya, the supermarket at Yaohan (now known as Osaka), Candyland (I'm loyal to the original one at Yaohan, but there are other locations at Aberdeen & in Burnaby), & Konbiniya.

I've never seen F-Cup (I highly doubt you can find it here) & don't recall seeing Diet Water. Although, you might want to check Izumiya & Konbiniya for Diet Water, as they seem to carry drinks that regular convenience stores don't carry. Izumiya is where I got special bottles of Dakara that came with little Beatrix Potter figurines.

Was at Kombinya last night... they definitely have Calorie Mate!

Thanks! Even before reading this I was finally going to make it out to Kombinya tomorrow...thanks for the confirmation that it is definitely there. I hope it's cheaper than online. At jbox.com you can get 10 boxes of the same flavour of Calorie Mate shipped to Canada by Economy Air (2-4 weeks) for $3.74US.

Edited by jlo mein (log)

Went to Kombiniya today and found Calorie Mate near the check out counter. They have fruit, cheese, and chocolate flavours. Price is $3.76 (plus tax). I'll probably buy it from jbox.com since the value is so low that taxes aren't usually charged to my parcels.

Went to Kombiniya today and found Calorie Mate near the check out counter.  They have fruit, cheese, and chocolate flavours.  Price is $3.76 (plus tax).  I'll probably buy it from jbox.com since the value is so low that taxes aren't usually charged to my parcels.

Was at Konbiniya yesterday and remembered this post but I guess I'm too late. I remember trying cheese a long time ago when a relative brought some from Korea. Maybe I'll check jbox for some Umainbou.

• 1 month later...

I was at Aberdeen Centre last weekend and was reminded of this thread. While they didn't carry the F-Cup cookies, MG (or something similar to that) Cosmetics sells F-Cup tea :blink: It's sits next to the diet teas :biggrin: MG is located next to the kitchen wares store and at the present has a big poster of Ayumi Hamasaki in the front of the store.

I've never even seen F-Cup anything in Japan, but I guess I haven't really looked for it. In Japan, though, it seems an F-Cup is more like an A or maybe a small B-cup. I guess when you're Japanese, it's something to aspire to!

If you still really want it, let me know and I'll search for it. I'll probably be headed to Canada in July, but if you can't wait that long I can always mail it. Luckily, Canada doesn't have those stupid restrictions on shipping food products like the US does!