• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 3/5/2023 at 1:46 AM, Smithy said:

anything as small as a pop bottle will need another tool.

The white one grips any screw top from 0 to 3 inches in diameter; the all metal one goes up to almost 6 inches.

I don't think it would open anything else other than screw caps nor was it intended to. For the other necessities I use my ancient, well-used waiter's friend.

WaitersFriend.jpg.5156945471ee021a6c78bc532323bb7b.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

38 minutes ago, Smithy said:

The white one grips any screw top from 0 to 3 inches in diameter; the all metal one goes up to almost 6 inches.

I don't think it would open anything else other than screw caps nor was it intended to. For the other necessities I use my ancient waiter's friend.

WaitersFriend.jpg.5156945471ee021a6c78bc532323bb7b.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

32 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I don't think it would open anything else other than screw caps nor was it intended to.

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 minutes ago, Smithy said: