• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White and Brown Microwaves

carlux

I am looking for a new microwave oven in France - not too expensive as I don't really use a microwave a lot. My old one was a cheap supermarket version, which has lasted about 15 years, and even now doesn't really need replacing, except that various little things are starting to go wrong, and it seems like a good idea to start thinking of a new one.

Basically what I want is a basic microwave but with electronic controls so that I can set exact times (this is still not all that common in France). Probably with a grill to give a little more flexibility. Since, like most microwaves it will be sitting on a counter, I would like it to be attractive.

I've looked at all the major web sites and makers, Darty, Samsung, Whirlpool, etc., and have come across Brown and White - oddly enough a French company.

http://www.whiteandbrown.com/ The great advantage to my mind is that they are not too expensive and quite elegant looking.

I have never heard of this company and wondered if anyone else had.

Thanks for any input.

I am looking for a new microwave oven in France - not too expensive as I don't really use a microwave a lot. My old one was a cheap supermarket version, which has lasted about 15 years, and even now doesn't really need replacing, except that various little things are starting to go wrong, and it seems like a good idea to start thinking of a new one.

Basically what I want is a basic microwave but with electronic controls so that I can set exact times (this is still not all that common in France).  Probably with a grill to give a little more flexibility. Since, like most microwaves it will be sitting on a counter, I would like it to be attractive.

I've looked at all the major web sites and makers, Darty, Samsung, Whirlpool, etc., and  have come across Brown and White - oddly enough a French company.

http://www.whiteandbrown.com/ The great advantage to my mind is that they are not too expensive and quite elegant looking. 

I have never heard of this company and wondered if anyone else had.

Thanks for any input.

Ive never heard of them either. Liked the look of the combined microwave/ grill. stumbled a bit when I tried to get a price as they seemed to want more info than I was willing to give just to get a price.

You might want to try www.ruedecommerce.fr. as a general purpose cheap on linr merchant.