• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brazilian in Tokyo-Yokohama

torakris

Last night we went to Barbacoa Grill in Omotesando based on quite a few excellent reviews I read online in both English and Japanese. While the food was excellent and we all enjoyed ourselves I am just curious what else is out there. I was a bit disappointed in the atmosphere, I was expecting something a little more lively, if it wasn't for the Brazilian flag on the wall by the door I would have thought I was eating in any generic hotel restaurant.

The service was incredible though, this is some of the best service I have ever had in Japan. Even though they placed a carafe of water on our table they filled our water glasses with it as soon as we started to get low. After I had said I was done eating and they cleared my setting I decided to go back to the salad bar for some dessert, the waiter had a new place setting for me within a second of sitting back down. They were very friendly chatting with both us and the kids but not overly friendly to the point where you wanted them to leave you alone.

Even though it was a pricey meal for us 4200 yen ($40) for adults and 2100 yen ($20) for each kid, I would go back.

Our other problem is parking, parking is very limited in Omotesando and our slightly oversized American car doesn't fit in most of the garages not to mention that the average rate is 800 yen ($8) an hour. I know asking for a restaurant with parking in Tokyo is a pretty unreasonable request but at least an area that has more ample parking is preferred.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"