• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dry-Aged Beef in Dallas

TBoner

I was in the Whole Foods on Lemmon yesterday and noted some dry-aged steaks at the meat counter. They were a little pricey ($23/lb for NY Strip) but not out of line with WF's other meat. It's the first I've seen of this at a grocery store in Dallas, though perhaps I haven't looked hard enough, or maybe I've missed something obvious. My usual grocery shopping is done at Fiesta, but I get to CM Dallas and WF Lower Greenville somewhat regularly. Are there other grocery stores and/or butchers selling dry-aged steaks on the east side of the Metroplex?

Tim

I went to a local butcher in Bryan--bought a whole rib eye--he weighed it and charged me , then age it 21 days--it lost a little over 10% weight--great steaks--he even trimmed and cut them. Check your locals out --you may be surprised--mine cost about $11.00/lb and are excellent!!(It was USDA Choice)

Edited by Bill Miller (log)

Cooking is chemistry, baking is alchemy.