• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: Chinese Soup Dumplings

I'm looking for a good version of the Shanghai Soup Dumpling in Phoenix. I've only had it in LA and the Bay Area and have no idea if there is a restaurant in Phx Metro that serves them. Seems PF Changs and Pei Wei have become the official "Chinese" cuisine here locally. A couple of good Chinese places near me have closed recently. Do any of the restaurants at the Chinese Cultural Center serve these dumplings? I haven't been back to that since shortly after it opened.

I'm looking for  a good version of the Shanghai Soup Dumpling in Phoenix.  I've only had it in LA and the Bay Area and have no idea if there is a restaurant in Phx Metro that serves them.  Seems PF Changs and Pei Wei have become the official "Chinese" cuisine here locally.  A couple of good Chinese places near me have closed recently.  Do any of the restaurants at the Chinese Cultural Center serve these dumplings?  I haven't been back to that since shortly after it opened.

check out China King or Tao Garden to see if they serve that

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com