• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Venison in Seattle

Growing up in Upstate New York I ended up liking venison far more than beef. Is there anywhere in this city to pick some up? And what does it cost? I've never actually paid for venison before:)

Some friends special ordered venison from Metropolitan Market on QA. Despite being told several times that it was for a dinner the night of pick-up and MM assuring said friends that that was not a problem, it was a frozen brick of venison loin when they picked it up, so they ended up not being able to use it for the dinner. So ... that's at least one option, but beware that it may come in frozen brick form.

dlight

Seattle, WA

Don and Joe's Meats in Pike Place Market would be my first stop. They have good connections with top quality suppliers and with a few days notice they can provide you with all manner of game ranging from squab to wild boar. I have not bought venison from them but if you stop by or call and tell them what cuts you are interested in I'm sure they can get them for you.

Chief Scientist / Amateur Cook

MadVal, Seattle, WA

Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code