• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Giovedi si mangia

Culatello

I went to Buonanotte this past Thursday to try out the old school night and it was great .

The vibe was great , the food was based on emiglia romangia and it was done very well . A lot of sharing dishes and table side service.

Go try it out.

Con il melone si mangia , beve e si lava la facia

My Nonno Vincenzo 1921-1994

I'm craving the perfct Gateau Foret Noire .

Buennanotte is still around?

Wow, it has been a while since I thought about that place...... Or Med, Or Prima Donna... etc...

I went to Buonanotte this past Thursday to try out the old school night and it was great .

The vibe was great , the food was based on emiglia romangia and it was done very well . A lot of sharing dishes and table side service.

Go try it out.

Veni. Vidi. Voro.

The Chef is Fabrizio , he's young and from Trieste ( Northern Italy )

I think he's been there for a about a year now not sure , but i see he try's hard .

It was my first time back in a while , I enjoyed myself that thursday night, from the lambrusco cocktail's to the Zambaglione & zuppa inglese.( old school)

There is room for improvment but after speeking with the chef that's all he has on his mind , he said he enjoyes doing those nights, he want's to make it better and better, which is a good thing when a chef is motivated like that.

I'm sure it's gonna get better .he looked really motivated.

Edited by Culatello (log)

Buennanotte is still around?

Buonanotte has been around for 16 years and also Primadonna , hat's off to that !

want it or not these places are doing something right.

Not to many places in MTL that stay open that long doing 250-350 covers on a Friday & Saturday each night solid and renovate every 4-5 years with a million dollars & change.

In the end it all comes down to $$$$$ my friends. it's sad but true.

$$$$ = Longevity

Edited by Culatello (log)

Last night i had the opportunity to try out Giovedi si mangia at Buonanotte and i have to say i was impressed. Firstly, the fact that they would take on such a challenge when they could easily ride their laurels. The attention and amount of research put behind it is also noteworthy. I also have to add that the place was packed and do it for 200 people is not the same as doing for 40 clients. I could understand they were overwhelmed by the reception and there were some lapses in the service but quickly remedied by an extra plate of some off the menus specialties. I would also reccomend it. Thank you for the update!

Luana