• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat in Nagoya?

BekkiM

My husband is travelling in Nagoya and wonders where he should eat--he's quite adventurous and is on an expense account, so the sky's the limit. I tried searching this forum, but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks!

Feast then thy heart, for what the heart has had, the hand of no heir shall ever hold.

I went there, while in Japan, for the World Fair and Sumo -

2 Places that stuck out - there is an Okinawan food restaurant near city hall. Also, there is a famous Yakitori chain which I ate at in Shinjuku but was amazing - this chain was from Nagoya -

I bet someone else from this forum could fill in the blanks -

• 1 year later...

Any updates on Nagoya? I'll be there this weekend (I'm going to the Cutlery Festival in Seki, Gifu). I'll be solo for at least one dinner, so single-diner friendly suggestions would be great! I've been browsing through centraljapan.jp, and I've figured miso katsu is a local specialty, but I'm game for anything.

And is there anywhere good for lunch in Seki, preferably around the knife festival area?