• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lodge Enamel-on-Cast-Iron 6-Quart

dockhl

I have this dutch oven in brown (I think they call it bronze) and I love it. It's very heavy, heats evenly, and because I've been ovenless for awhile, I've used it for stovetop braising with good success. (As well as many many soups.)

I got mine at a local "big box store" for the same price, and since OR doesn't have sales tax, it was a bargain.

Jamie Lee

Beauty fades, Dumb lasts forever. - Judge Judy

HMMM-

I wanted a pot like this for Christmas and have been looking around- with the good reviews and such a good price-what I've been seeing is a lot higher, now I can get.......MORE PRESENTS!!

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality. Clifton Fadiman

I, too, bought this pot at a big box store for cheap.

However you get it, it's a work horse. I love mine.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Thanks dockhl for the tip. That looks like a beautiful piece of cookware and is definitely a better fit for my budget as I've been considering purchasing several pieces of enameled cast iron cookware. I was wondering how it compares to a similarly sized piece of Le Creuset on Amazon here which is definitely NOT a good fit for my budget, at least not anytime in the near future? It's hard to imagine that the Le Creuset piece is $175.00 better than the one from Lodge.

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!