• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Villa Madrid

rooftop1000

After a failed battle with traffic to get to NYC we turned back towards home and Villa Madrid for dinner.

We started with 2 Tapas/Appetisers the "Chorizo con Camerones salteados con ajo" Chorizo and shrimp in garlic sauce. I dont think I could identify one ingrediant in that garlic sauce but I want more, plenty of nice slices of rich spicy chorizo and well cooked shrimp and that sauce which we sopped up with bread and then later with the chips when they came with the entree.

The other appetizer was "Champinones Rellenos" Crab stuffed mushrooms (real crabmeat) swimming in a buttery broth, if you cracked the top of the stuffing you could pour the sauce right in :smile:

We opted to split the Seafood Paella with Lobster which came with a half lobster, mussels, clams, scallops, and shrimp and of course the extra side of rice and Spanish potatoes (chips).

Desserts were Flan de Queso (cheesecake made like a flan with caramel topping) and rice pudding.

We rolled out of there very happy for the tidy sum of $46.00 plus tip

BYO

Very small parking lot

Damn good

tracey

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 3 months later...

Sorry Folks

Ate at this place the other night. Six of us. Food was mediocre. Service was aweful. Went for Spanish food - like they serve in Spain -- Madrid. Fried plantains? Argentinian style skirt steak?? The bread must be kept frozen and softened as required. Thin slices of tasteless - white bread consistancy - bread.

Give me Don Pepe any day. Pro's serve the table. Food is more authentic. Bread is phenomenal.Thanks

Viejo Majadero

"A dry crust of bread eaten in peace and quiet is better than a feast eaten where everyone argues" Proverbs (17:1).

My vote in this area is for Spain Tapas on McBride in West Paterson. Good bread, sangria & a full tapas menu in addition to the regular menu. We tried 5-6 tapas (shrimp in garlic, chorizo with onions, manchego, tortilla, & mussels) but they were all very good to excellent.

My vote in this area is for Spain Tapas on McBride in West Paterson.  Good bread, sangria & a full tapas menu in addition to the regular menu.  We tried 5-6 tapas (shrimp in garlic, chorizo with onions, manchego, tortilla, & mussels) but they were all very good to excellent.

Hi

By "in this area" do you mean, a geographical location or do you mean style of food?

Thanks Viejo

"A dry crust of bread eaten in peace and quiet is better than a feast eaten where everyone argues" Proverbs (17:1).