• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eggs

et alors

I eat eggs every morning, and have done so for about four years of going on and off the South Beach Diet (the only diet where a dinner of seared lamb chops and green beans in a shallot butter sauce is considered strict, and I lose weight on it. And yes, my cholesterol is fine.)

I love eggs, and I am the queen of the scramble, but I'm getting bored. I've cooked them poached, fried, and hard boiled. I made Benedict with my own hollandaise (not as hard as I feared, but I had Pepin's technique to guide me) I recently did shirred eggs and oefs en meurette and then created a hybrid of the two. I mention this to show I don't care how time consuming and silly the effort might be for breakfast (or dinner). I'm celebrating eggs in all their glory!

What is the best way you have ever cooked eggs? What is your eggy triumph?

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit