• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

L'epicerie de Bruno

BradenP

I get my haircut next door and since June I have been walking by l'epicerie de bruno, peeking in the window at the vast selection of spices, and praying that they would open soon. Well, my prayers have finally been answered and I can say that it was worth the wait.

Bruno is currently working with three different suppliers and bringing in many spices, rice and chillies that can't be found anywhere else in the city. It looks like he cleaned out everything that had been in the store over the summer and they are slowly stocking up on more supplies.

I picked up some Tonka beans from Brasil and fragrant Sumac from Turkey today and will be back next week when they start bringing in the super spicy cinnamon from South America.

Bruno also speaks perfect English, if you have questions.

Also check out his new book, Caroline's review of it is here: Bruno's Spice Book

"When planning big social gatherings at our home, I wait until the last minute to tell my wife. I figure she is going to worry either way, so I let her worry for two days rather than two weeks."
-EW