• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

all purpose baking chocolate

shaloop

Would anybody be able to suggest a store similar to Chocosphere in the UK or Europe? I'm in Manchester at the moment.

I use Valrhona at home (Singapore), and I'm not liking the taste of baking chocolate in my baked goods. Yes, I know, I'm spoilt.

Have you tried Vantage House?

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Would anybody be able to suggest a store similar to Chocosphere in the UK or Europe? I'm in Manchester at the moment.

I use Valrhona at home (Singapore), and I'm not liking the taste of baking chocolate in my baked goods. Yes, I know, I'm spoilt.

Have you tried Vantage House?

That's just what I'm looking for. Thanks John!

Merstar, thanks, but I'm looking for bulk chocolate. During exam period, I normally go through about 2 kilos in a month. :shock:

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog