• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shafer MN Eichten's Bistro Update

loki

Eichten's Bistro was highly recommended to me a few months ago. It's located near Shafer MN about 50 miles from the Twin Cities.

But the website seems to say that they are closed. Anybody know more about it. Is it just changing hands? Is the chef working somewhere else? Stories about it from the past.

Here is the website: http://www.eichtensbistro.com/index.php

I want to take my parents to a place like this over the holidays - any other suggestions in East Central MN or NW Wisconson?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, it's been eight days, and no replies. I'm guessing the Minnesota contingent would have a reply similar to mine, which follows...

Never heard of it. I know nothing about the dining scene in that part of the state (Lindstrom, Chisago Lakes, Taylors Falls), and even less across the St. Croix (St. Croix Falls, Rice Lake, Osceola).

So. . . Looks like you have to check it out for all of us. Please report back.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero