• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday Lunch in Englewood

ALANBF

Plenty of 'em. For starters, along Palisades Ave from west to east:

Ruthie Mae's- I haven't been there yet, but have definitely been meaning to get some of that smothered fried chicken and waffles from the Amy Ruth's group. Next time I'm in Englewood I'm there.

Saigon R makes a mean pho. Dunno if it's open on Sunday or not.

El Paso- a little Mexican fonda that serves tortas, tacos, that sort of thing. The chorizo and egg torta was my old standby when I worked in town, but the thing that they do that really kills is called Alambres, and was always good for a splurge. It is a mix of chorizo, bacon and beef cooked on the flat top with onions, peppers and cheese, served with avacado and a stack of tortillas.

Blue Moon- nice but unexceptional Tex Mex type of place with the exception of what they call their Full Moon chili, which rocks. It is the cubed beef/no beans style.

It's Greek to Me- nothing truly great, but a reliable Greek place. I really do like the grilled feta appetizer, though.

S&S Kosher- really good corned beef.

Bennie's (Lebanese)- pick of the litter, imo, really great stuff across the board. A mezze sampler (get the spicy eggplant if they have it) with one of their schwarma is probably the best lunch in town.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."