• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

squirrel meat?

chefteddy

Have you asked at Ottomanelli's?

I know they carry rabbits and ostrich. I lost some beautiful ostrich steaks in the Great Blackout a couple of years back.

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

• 1 year later...

Where in NYC? Uh, did you try central park?

Since I posted before reading this thread, I see now that I am maybe the 13th person to make this joke!

Well, I live 70 miles north of Wall Street, and there are squirrels in my backyard. Also deer, wild turkeys, chipmunks (my cat catches), rabbits (my catches the small ones), etc. I could open a window a crack, rest a good hunting rifle, and, seasons and laws permitting, get a harvest.

Ah, someday I'll get a much bigger backyard much farther north of Wall Street with much more wild life. Back to writing software!

Edited by project (log)

What would be the right food and wine to go with

R. Strauss's 'Ein Heldenleben'?