• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LA barware supply stores

mbrowley

So I find myself headed to LA for a few days at the end of the month and will have time to spare while there. Can anyone recommend a retail (or open to the trade) supplier of bar goods and drinkers' gear? I'm set for stemwear, but am always curious about sources for fancy muddlers, more julep cups, Lewis bags, imported goods you might see at more well-equipped cookware shops like Fantes in Philadelphia or culinary antique dealers such as Lucullus in New Orleans.

~ Matthew

Matthew B. Rowley

Rowley's Whiskey Forge, a blog of drinks, food, and the making thereof

Author of Moonshine! (ISBN: 1579906486)

Surfas in Culver City is a great source for all sorts of things. Also, though I've never been in, there is a new Tepper Bar Supply in West LA next to the 405 Freeway, just north of Pico (near the Smart & Final).

So long and thanks for all the fish.