• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

L'Autre Pied

We didn't have dessert. The veal is worth the money.

The bandol was approx 27 for a 1/2 bottle and the champagne just over £10 per glass.

For me the cooking was good but the presentation and complexity of cooking and surroundings didn't quite match the prices.

I would eat here again but only if in the area.

We didn't have dessert. The veal is worth the money.

The bandol was approx 27 for a 1/2 bottle and the champagne just over £10 per glass.

For me the cooking was good but the presentation and  complexity of cooking and surroundings didn't quite match the prices.

I would eat here again but only if in the area.

I tend to agree.

Its a very good neighbourhood restaurant,but feels a little, bistro-ish for the pricing,perhaps.

I remember commenting on another blog about me thinking it was star* worthy, back then, in November.

And it did indeed gain one.

Thinking back on the meal, I still think the same today, however hiccups do occur and it would appear, perhaps it was just so, on the day of your visit.

I would like to think so, because we really enjoyed it

I for one would most certainly go back, but, like you perhaps would not make a special journey.

Happy Dining!

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

• 1 year later...

...four of us had a very nice pre-theatre dinner on Friday evening, terrific value too...only gripes are the room is a bit boxy and bizarrely the only pudding (which was very good to be fair) on offer was rice-pud with squash and ginger, bizarre because one of the 2 main courses was risotto. Good service if a little too 'French' and some of the best bread I've ever had in London.

• 11 months later...