• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

target buffet server food warmer?

maui420

hi,

i saw this the other day hanging out at target with my wife...

http://www.target.com/Aroma-Stainless-Stee...%3Aaroma&page=3

i dont know too much about buffet servers but i do know for a 2 2.5 quart server, price range anywhere from $49 dollars to $199. any idea if this would be decent enough to hold food at parties? my wife and i enjoy having bbqs over the spring/summer and would like to keep the typical mac cheese/ vegies/ mash potatoes etc... nice and warm.

thanks.

Providing the foods placed in the servers are hot, this type of server will keep them warm. They work better than sterno (for a home setting) and are less messy and potentially dangerous. Don't expect to heat anything up by using the server, though.

thanks, i guess i will purchase. i think i found a better deal though at costo. its 54 dollars but has 3 2.5 quart holders as suppose to targets 2 2.5 quarts.

Providing the foods placed in the servers are hot, this type of server will keep them warm. They work better than sterno (for a home setting) and are less messy and potentially dangerous. Don't expect to heat anything up by using the server, though.