• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need coffee desert place near Englewood Cliffs

dknyc1

My wife & I usually go out without the kid Saturday nights.

Usually dinner or movie etc

When we are done we usually have trouble finding a place to go for coffee & maybe dessert.

One week we went to Cafe Angelique in Tenafly - good coffee - rude service, ice cold room & stale canoli

Last week we went to Kudo Beans in Fort Lee - good coffee, good service, stale pecan pie & we were the only caucasians in the place (not a big deal).

Anyone have any similar BUT better ideas

We live in Englewood Cliffs, but will travel some.

Thanks

Is Victoria's Cafe on Queen Anne Rd in Teaneck still open? Is it within reach for you?

I (obviously?) haven't been there in a few years, but used to go with an ex-bf and loved the atmosphere there. Tons of teas/coffees/desserts to choose from...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Wow, I've been to Cafe Angelique many times and had a much better experience than you've described. Pastry is superb, and they use Danesi coffee which is terrific.

There is another place in Fort Lee, just 5 mins from Eng Cliffs, Coffee Tree Cafe. Also a good place for a quick coffee and pastry, sandwiches too. Late hours.

Coffee Tree Cafe Web Site