• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Collecting Vintage & Rare Menus

Joisey

I think that you should start asking for current and vintage menus at each new restaurant you visit and see if you can convince your well-traveled friends to do the same. I've had the privilege to go through the menu collection at the Johnson & Wales Culinary Archive, and, well, it's basically one person's obsessive gathering of hundreds of menus from virtually every meal he had.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Pat the menu collection is amazing.

The NYPL has a great digtal acrichive here:

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital...=menu&x=12&y=10

After looking through the vintage menu, I can understand why you would want to collect them. Some fo them are works of art. :)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

Duh.... eBay

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh! I love your response - I was feeling kind of down for some unknown reason and I clicked on this thread and was thinking ebay myself and saw your response! :smile:

A hui hou & Melekalikimaka! :biggrin:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

• 2 years later...