• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Choice between Restaurants Perilla and Morandi

Gustibus

Hey all,

I would like some help in deciding between two restaurants for a birthday dinner for two, romantic-ish. not quite romantic, but romantic-ish. The choice has been narrowed down to two. Any recommendations/advice for either of the two restaurants: Perilla or Morandi?

thanks

Hey all,

I would like some help in deciding between two restaurants for a birthday dinner for two, romantic-ish. not quite romantic, but romantic-ish.  The choice has been narrowed down to two. Any recommendations/advice for either of the two restaurants: Perilla or Morandi?

thanks

Well, I just ate at Perilla tonight, and have to say that it exceeded expectations. The food was all wonderful (I was there with 5 people and tasted everyone's and there wasn't a dud in the bunch). The vibe is that of a neighborhood bistro, but the food is of a higher level than that category would imply. I haven't heard much about Morandi's food other than mixed reviews, so I'd say go to Perilla if you care more about the food, and to Morandi if you care more about the "scene".

Hey all,

I would like some help in deciding between two restaurants for a birthday dinner for two, romantic-ish. not quite romantic, but romantic-ish.  The choice has been narrowed down to two. Any recommendations/advice for either of the two restaurants: Perilla or Morandi?

thanks

Well, I just ate at Perilla tonight, and have to say that it exceeded expectations. The food was all wonderful (I was there with 5 people and tasted everyone's and there wasn't a dud in the bunch). The vibe is that of a neighborhood bistro, but the food is of a higher level than that category would imply. I haven't heard much about Morandi's food other than mixed reviews, so I'd say go to Perilla if you care more about the food, and to Morandi if you care more about the "scene".

Perilla. No question.

Edited to add: See my review of Morandi.

Edited by Jesikka (log)