• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wild Sweets

Tri2Cook

Wild Sweets: Chocolate Sweet, Savory, Bites, Drinks

Has anybody checked it out yet? I was a big fan of their first book so I'll be grabbing this one as well, just wondered if anybody has taken a peek at it.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Wild Sweets: Chocolate Sweet, Savory, Bites, Drinks

Has anybody checked it out yet? I was a big fan of their first book so I'll be grabbing this one as well, just wondered if anybody has taken a peek at it.

Had a quick look at it at the Chocolate Show last week, definately one I want to have, but I'm determined to wait and get it for less than list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my copy last week and finally found time to browse through it last night after work. It's a cool book with some interesting ideas. Not as many of them as I would have liked but interesting just the same. I loved their ideas in the first book for bringing traditionally savory items into sweets so it was fun getting a look into their ideas for bringing things from the sweet world into their savory creations as well. They included their recipe for the chocolate-grapefruit gelee sheets they baked the salmon in for the "Eight Chocolate Courses" Chef At Large episode. I don't know when I'll get around to trying any of the recipes but I'm not sorry I ordered it.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.